10 Good Reasons to "Go Solar"
Here are 10 Good Reasons to “Go Solar”
- New state incentive programs and federal tax credits can reduce the cost of a solar electric system by as much as 50%-65%.
- Solar power is a renewable resource. Your electricity consumption won’t contribute to resource scarcity for your children and grandchildren.
- Spin your electric meter backwards, reducing your monthly utility bills.
- Solar electricity is clean and non-polluting, producing no greenhouse gas emissions. Help combat global warming one roof at a time.
- Buying a solar electric system is like buying 30 years of electricity at a fixed, upfront cost, thereby reducing your exposure to rising energy prices. The more energy prices go up, the more valuable your solar system becomes.
- Solar panels come with a 20- or 25-year warranty. With no moving parts, solar electric systems require no maintenance and can operate for 30-40 years.
- Producing your own power is like growing your own vegetables: you know how your power is produced and where it comes from, which is supremely satisfying, just like eating a home-grown tomato.
- A solar electric system may increase the real estate value of your home by $20 for every $1 in annual utility bill savings.
- Diversify your investment portfolio with a wise, low-risk investment in solar electricity that pays better than CDs and is safer than the stock market.
- Solar electricity is produced locally and reduces the need for new transmission infrastructure, huge mining operations, nuclear waste storage and fossil fuel resources from abroad. In addition, no wars are fought over the sun!!